Why I Know Everything Will Be OOOOOKKKAAAYYY.

I don't write very much on this blog. The reason is, quite frankly I suck at it. But I thought now would be a good time to write one. I don't know...the timing just seems right.

Not too long ago my parents dropped off a letter that had been mailed to their house. It was mailed to me and the name of the sender had me reaching back in my memory bank to place where I knew it. Then it hit me. It was my grade 2 teacher from back in grade school. Quick math would have me back in grade 2 around 1984-85 or so, the year Toronto came in last place and drafted Wendel Clark. Curious, I opened the letter and upon reading the contents I burst into fits of laughter. It read out as such:

Q: What are your interests in 1984?

A: The Toronto Maple Leafs and boobies.


That's it. That's all that was written.

For you see in 1984 my teacher had us write our interests down on a piece of paper and then he put it in a time capsule that wouldn't be opened for 25 years. He would then send us the contents in 2009. The letter in my hands was the contents.

My interests in 1984 revealed 2 things.

One is that my interests haven't changed much in 25 years.

The other is that I was a Leaf fan then, I have been a Leaf fan for 25 years and I will continue to be a Leafs fan until the day I die.


And did I mention that I'm interested in boobies?